This time I added a few things now that we have some fresh ingredients and also the mushrooms I wanted 🙂 It tastes much better!
For the Rice
Water [1 cup]
Rice [1/2 cup]
Butter [1 tbsp]
For the Salad
Olive Oil [2 tbsp plus more as needed]
Garlic [1 clove, minced]
Onion [1/4, thinly sliced]
Baby Bella Mushrooms [4 slices, finely chopped]
Ground Ginger [1/4 tsp]
Chicken Broth [as needed]
Salad mix with preferred vegetables [1 pack]
For the Sauce
(I didn’t measure these, I just kinda winged it. So these measurements are a guess)
Soy sauce [1/4 cup]
Ginger [1/4 tsp]
Honey [around 1 tbsp or to taste]
- Start your rice following the directions on the bag, or however you like to cook it. The first few minutes should be spent chopping up what needs to be chopped.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until fragrant. Then add in the mushrooms and cook for a minute or so. Sprinkle in the ginger and stir to coat everything. Continue to cook until everything has a nice, slightly golden color, adding a splash or so of chicken broth every now and then to deglaze whatever gets stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Lower the heat just a bit and add your salad mix. This way it’s only lightly frying so you can gently cook it down and allow time for it to absorb the flavors. Stir occasionally and cook until the lettuce has wilted almost completely.
- To make the sauce, whisk the ginger into the soy sauce, then whisk in the honey until the sauce tastes balanced to you when you sample it. Salty and sweet 🙂
- The salad should have finished around the time the rice has. Scoop the rice into a bowl, place the salad on top, and drizzle on the sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe makes around 1-2 servings, depending on how much you like to eat 😛
Happy cooking! -[MT]Viv